FutureStarr is an online, easy-to-use music distribution platform based in Atlanta, GA where unsigned musicians and music lovers coexist. We have one mission: To give unsigned, undiscovered artists more exposure and connect them with a larger audience of listeners and future fans who want to discover, promote and share their music. For more information about our goals and mission here at FutureStarr, and to read about our Founder and CEO, please visit our About Us page.
The Collection and Use of Your Information
FutureStarr collects information about you from various sources, including but not limited to, personal information submitted by you and information collected through cookies.
We use collected information for the following general purposes: identification and authentication, analysis of trends, improvement of services, Website content and products, contacting you, research, and the announcement of contests, events and offers.
The type of information we collect can include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, billing address, payment information, age, birthdate, location (city, state, country), picture or avatar, title (musician, band, etc.), social profile handles or related information, browser type and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
The personal and non-personal information collected by FutureStarr will not be shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide the products or services you’ve requested, when you have provided us with permission to share this information, or if any of the following circumstances exist:
• FutureStarr is required to provide your information because it is needed to investigate, prevent or take action against or regarding any type of illegal activities, situations, or online behaviors, including, but not limited to, suspected fraud, potential threats to the safety of any person, violation of our Terms of Services, or as otherwise required by law.
We will use the information we collect from you for the following reasons:
• To provide technical support in any event you require or request it
• To identify you as the:
a. The user and owner of the FutureStarr account created
b. The creator or owner of the MP3 (song files), video(s), graphics, avatar, and other content uploaded to the FutureStarr website
c. The creator of comments and other content contributions made on the website
• To operate and maintain your FutureStarr account
• To correspond with you regarding an inquiry or request you submitted
• To pursue your participation for surveys, and to include your participation data in the analyzed survey results
• To provide you and other users with data in regard to the streaming and downloading of MP3s and videos
• To prevent or take action against activities, behaviors, or practices that are, or have the possibility to be, in breach of the FutureStarr Terms of Service or any applicable law
• To send you correspondence via email regarding updates, notifications, marketing messages, newsletters, offers, or other important information regarding your FutureStarr account
• To display your artist name, song names, video name, and other relevant information on your free music dashboard or FutureStarr artist page
• To analyze the use of our website, music platform, tools, content, resources, and properties
• To process your payment for any of the paid services you sign up for on the FutureStarr platform, including but not limited to adding your music to the FutureStarr MP3 or creating an Artist Page
• To process your recurring payment for any of the paid services you sign up for that requires recurring payment to remain active, including but not limited to keeping your music on the FutureStarr MP3 or maintaining an Artist Page
• To satisfy any payment for a paid service that you sign up for that is offered on the FutureStarr platform currently or in the future
• To complete and update your listener profile or Artist Page, to include avatars, photos, videos, names, and/or social profiles. Information is primarily displayed to visitors, fans, and people in general as a means of facilitating interaction within the FutureStarr site
Whether you are using a mobile device or a desktop computer, the information that is automatically collected as a result of your use of the FutureStarr Website includes:
• The operating system, type and nature, and browser of the device you are using to access our Website
• The IP address of the device you are using to access our Website
• The geolocation of the device you are using to access our Website
• Any keywords, search terms or search phrases you may have used to locate our Website
• The website you visited immediately prior to accessing our Website
• Any referring site you used to access our Website
• The specific actions you take while accessing our Website
• The time, frequency and duration of your visits to our website
• Information related to your interaction with any of our services, products, and email or web messages
Choice of Information Provided
FutureStarr has made every effort to provide its users and registered members with as much control as possible over the information provided to us, as well as the type and amount of personal information they want to provide.
Please note that as a visitor of the Website, you are not required to provide us with any personal information. However, your visit will provide us with information that is automatically collected as a result of your visit (information collected automatically is outlined above).
If you decide to become a registered member and user of our Website, by registering for a free FutureStarr account or by purchasing an Artist Page on FutureStarr, you have the choice to control your personal information in several ways, including:
• The name (artist or band name) displayed on your Artist Page or Music Dashboard
• Using an alternative email address to receive correspondence from us
• The sharing of your Artist Page or music preferences on apps or social networks by you (not by other users or visitors)
Storage of Data
FutureStarr has carefully selected trustworthy third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide necessary software, storage, networking, hardware, and other technology required to run FutureStarr.
FutureStarr and its third-party vendors own the databases, code and rights to the FutureStarr Website, properties and tools. However, you retain all rights to your data.
Disclosure of Data
All listener accounts and Artist Pages on FutureStarr are secured by the individual registered user (as applicable) passwords. This is a part of FutureStarr’s takes preventative measures to secure the account information that is intended to be kept private. FutureStarr prides itself on taking extensive security measures to protect all the information that is housed in our database. These measures are intended to ward against theft, breach of security, misuse, unauthorized access, destruction, alteration, or disclosure or sharing of information. FutureStarr also restricts access to privacy information to any FutureStarr employees who is required to access to respond to a request, carry out their job functions, perform customer service tasks, respond to technical inquiries, or any other necessary tasks. However, please note that FutureStarr cannot guarantee the security of registered user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors have the potential to compromise the security of member information at any time. Users are urged to also take precautions to protect their personal data by changing passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and using a secure web browser.
Links to Outside Websites
Email Opt-In & Opt-Out/Unsubscribe
Members and users of FutureStarr who no longer wish to receive email messages, notification, updates, or related correspondence may choose to opt-out at any time. The option to opt-out/unsubscribe is located at the bottom of all email correspondence from FutureStarr.
Privacy of Children
FutureStarr is not intended for children under the age of 13. FutureStarr operates a site in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. We do not acknowledge, influence, or accept, registration by, and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from, anyone under 13 years of age.
Profiles, Forums, and Other Communication Channels
Your use of the FutureStarr site and any of its products, properties, tools, or services represents your agreement with the terms of this section. Be advised that when you willingly and intentionally post public information to profiles, forums, and any other communication channels used within the FutureStarr platform, that this information can be publicly accessed, and can as a result, be used by anyone to send unsolicited communications that are completely independent of any communications issued by FutureStarr.com. FutureStarr Media, LLC is not responsible for the personally identifiable information, or any other information for that matter, you choose to submit or place on FutureStarr, even if this information is later modified or removed. Therefore, we ask that you choose wisely and fully think about what you are posting before posting on the FutureStarr site.
Your Decision to Not Disclose Your Information