What Is 3 4 5 As a Improper Fraction OR

What Is 3 4 5 As a Improper Fraction OR

What Is 3 4 5 As a Improper Fraction


A fraction is a part of a larger unit. A fraction is made up of a numerator (top number) and denominator (bottom number). When dividing 2 fractions with the same denominator this produces an improper fraction. 3 4 5 is an improper fraction.


A fraction describes a part of a whole. The number on the bottom of the fraction is called the denominator, and it denotes how many equal parts the whole is divided into. The number on the top of the fraction is called the numerator, and it denotes how many of the parts we are taking. For example, the fraction 3/4 denotes "3 of 4 equal parts." 3 is the numerator, and 4 is the denominator. Improper fractions can also be represented as a mixed number. To convert an improper fraction into a mixed number, divide the numerator by the denominator. The resultant becomes the whole number, and the remainder becomes the numerator of the new fraction. The denominator of the new fraction is the same as the original denominator. If there is no remainder, then there is no fraction--the result is simply a whole number.

www.calcul.com)Use this calculator to convert your improper fraction to a mixed fraction. An __improper fraction__ is a fraction whose nominator is greater than its denominator. For example, \\({5 \over 4}\\). A mixed fraction is a fraction of the form \\(c {n \over d}\\), where \\(c\\) is an integer and \\(n < d\\). For example, \\({11 \over 4} = 2 {3 \over 4}\\). It is therefore the sum of a whole number and a proper fraction. If you would like to convert an improper fraction to a mixed fraction, see our [improper to mixed fraction calculator](/show/calculator/improper-to-mixed). (Source:


When we are using mixed fractions, we have a whole number (in this case 3) and a fractional part (4/5). So what we can do here to convert the mixed fraction to a decimal, is first convert it to an improper fraction (where the numerator is greater than the denominator) and then from there convert the improper fraction into a decimal/ (Source: visualfractions.com)



Related Articles