Classic Comfort Food Dinners
We’ve rounded up our 60 best, easy dinner recipes! From grilled steak to braised chickpeas to allll the sheet pan dinners—we’ve got you covered.
What should I make for dinner tonight that's EASY? What are some good, healthy dinners? Could I just pay someone to come up with an easy dinner idea for me? We’re food bloggers—we literally cook dinner for a living—and these questions still haunt us sometimes. Standing there, staring into the fridge, wondering what you can whip up tonight that everyone will gladly eat and that won’t take a zillion hours—yeah, we’ve been there! For you (and for ourselves!) we’ve put together this list of the 60 BEST, easy dinner recipes we’ve got. They’re all over the map—some are healthy recipes, some are a little more indulgent, some are vegetarian recipes, some are all about a big slab of protein—but they’re unified by their simplicity. So here you have it! Our absolute best, easy dinners—all in one place
Our Best Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes
- Broccoli Pesto Pasta. To make broccoli pesto, broccoli florets are whizzed right into the pesto sauce itself, adding an even more vibrant punch of emerald green to the sauce as well as a seriously healthy boost.
- Baked Salmon with Grapefruit Salad. Moist, flaky, melt-in-your-mouth salmon perfection. This is the easy salmon recipe you’ve been waiting for. Oh, and did we mention it cooks in just 15 minutes?
- Lemon Chicken. This easy recipe shines with a sunny, lemony zing. Garlic and herbs—plus a glug of white wine—mean that juicy, tender chicken breasts are as delicious as they are healthy.
- Ratatouille Sheet Pan Dinner With Sausage. While ratatouille is delicious served all on its own, we’ve added sausage to the mix to take this healthy sheet pan dinner to new heights.
- Salmon en Papillote. Who knew that such an elegant meal could be so very easy.
- Instant Pot Chicken Marinara With Polenta. Our simple equation for this easy, satisfying dinner goes something like this: chicken thighs + a jar of marinara sauce = dinner’s done.
Best, Easy Dinner Recipes For A Family
- Sheet Pan Olive Bar Chicken. Full of rich flavors, almost NO prep, and using only one pan, this dish is destined to become a new favorite.
- Five Spice Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner. Chicken thighs and cabbage get a little dose of flavor from Chinese five spice, and a little oven time on a sheet pan and boom! Dinner’s done.
- Sheet Pan Quesadilla with Jalapeño Ranch. Stuffed with cheese and avocado, this giant, melty, upgraded cheese sheet pan quesadilla is good on its own, but we take it over the top with a side of homemade jalapeño ranch for dipping.
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese. What’s easier—and way better—than instant mac and cheese? Rich, creamy, homemade Instant Pot mac and cheese! Why? Because it takes about 5 minutes start-to-finish.
- Crock-Pot Chicken Taco Meat. Wait wait wait—taco night can be even easier? Yep! Meet our 3-ingredient Crock-Pot chicken taco meat recipe!
- Mango Chutney Chicken Sheet Pan. A jar of store-bought mango chutney is the secret to this ultra easy dinner.
- Old Bay Shrimp and Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner. Need we say more? Old Bay makes everything taste good—not that shrimp and sausage need any help.
- Za'atar Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner. We dressed up basic cauliflower and chicken with our latest favorite spice blend, za’atar.
Pork & Sausage Make Everything Taste AMAZING.
- Sausage, Kale and Potato Skillet Dinner. An easy one-pan sausage, kale and potato skillet that pleases everyone, from cook to clean-up crew.
- Hoisin Glazed Pork Chops. Having a few punchy ingredients on-hand is a great way to make a simple dinner out of just a few ingredients. Hoisin sauce is one of our go-to super-ingredients for easy dinners—just slather it on some pork chops, and you’re well on your way to dinnertime bliss.
- Pork Chops with Mushroom Cream Sauce. Speaking of pork chops, this version—with a super creamy mushroom sauce—is ready in just 30 minutes.\
100 Classic Comfort Food Dinners
Looking for food to make for dinner tonight? These recipes are comfort food at its best. From homemade chicken potpie to mom's meatloaf, make these comforting dinner foods when you need a home-cooked meal.
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Chuck Roast
My husband and I like chuck roast recipes, so this slow-cooked recipe is terrific. You'll also love how flavorful and tender this comforting beef chuck roast turns out. —Bette McCumber, Schenectady, New
Beef and Mushrooms with Smashed Potatoes
I was inspired to make this recipe after I couldn't stop thinking of a similar dish served in my elementary school cafeteria more than 50 years ago! I like that it's quick to make, and my husband and grandchildren love it. —Ronna Farley, Rockville,
Potluck Macaroni and Cheese
You'll always have a winner at the potluck when you bring macaroni and cheese. Here's an extra-rich, creamy version for the slow cooker. —Jennifer Blondek, Chicopee, Massachusett
Favorite Chicken Potpie
This is the best chicken potpie recipe! Chock-full of chicken, potatoes, peas and corn, this recipe makes two golden pies, so you can serve one at supper and save the other for a busy night. —Karen Johnson, Bakersfield,
Contest-Winning Broccoli Chicken Casserole
This delicious chicken and broccoli casserole recipe is a twist on chicken divan that came from an old boss. It’s quick, satisfying comfort food. —Jennifer Schlachter, Big Rock,
Traditional Meat Loaf
Topped with a sweet sauce, this traditional meat loaf recipe tastes so good that you might want to double it so everyone can have seconds. It also freezes well. —Gail Graham, Maple Ridge, British
Spaghetti Pie Casserole
My family adores this spaghetti casserole. It's old-timey comfort food. This is how to make baked spaghetti with cream cheese. —Patricia Lavell, Islamorada,
Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Stew
Come home to warm comfort food! This vegetable beef stew is based on my mom’s wonderful recipe, but I adjusted it for the slow cooker. Add a sprinkle of Parmesan to each bowl for a nice finishing touch. —Marcella West, Washburn
Italian Spiral Meat Loaf
Take a classic comfort food to delicious new heights with this impressive recipe. Sausage, pizza sauce and mozzarella give Italian meatloaf roll extra personality. —Megan Krumm, Schererville, Indiana
- After working hard all our lives and raising a family, we're now enjoying a simpler life. Getting back to the basics means enjoying old-fashioned comfort foods like these stuffed zucchini boats. —Mrs. C. Thon, Atlin, British Columbia