Add your company website/link
to this blog page for only $40 Purchase now!Continue
FutureStarrCalories in large peach with skin
It sounds like a joke, but a peach a day really can help keep the doctor away, according to a new study by Tufts University's Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
Ah, the peach -- a classic sign of summer, a staple in warm-weather recipes for desserts and salads, an anticipated addition to farmers' markets and stands across the country from June through August. You may love this sweet, juicy fruit, but how much do you know much about its history or nutritional value -- or even about cooking with it? Read on to learn 10 healthy facts about peaches -- and then try our delicious recipe for Peachy Chicken Salad.
2. Peaches on the Silk Road: The peach’s scientific name, Prunus persica, is a direct reference to the fruit’s travels to Persia along the Silk Road. (Source: www.webmd.com 1. Peach origins: The fuzzy peach is actually a member of the rose family and originated in China. (Source:www.webmd.com))
4. Peach colors: The peach can have yellow or white flesh, which is sweeter and less acidic than its more traditional golden counterpart. (Source: www.webmd.com 3. Peach varieties: You can buy two main varieties of peaches: clingstone (the flesh sticks to the stone) and freestone (the stone is easily separated from the flesh). (Source:www.webmd.com w
7. Biggest peach cobbler: "The world’s largest peach cobbler" is made every year in Georgia, which is known as the Peach State. That cobbler measures 11 feet by 5 feet. (Source: www.webmd.com 6. Peach nutrition: A large peach has fewer than 70 calories and contains 3 grams of fiber. It’s also a good source of vitamins A and C. (Source:www.webmd.com))5. Top peach growers: China is the largest producer of peaches, followed by Italy. (Source:ww.webmd.com)))
9. Peach season: Peaches are best from June to the end of August. (Source: www.webmd.com 8. "The Peach State": That would be the nickname for Georgia. (Source:www.webmd.com w10. Peach ripeness: The flesh of a peach should have a slight give, but use your whole hand vs. fingertips to check since the fruit bruises so easily. Also, check for an even coloring of golden or creamy yellow. (Source:ww.webmd.com)))
3. Shred or chop the chicken and add it to the mixing bowl along with peaches, carrots, and cabbage. (Source: www.webmd.com)
The inner flesh of a peach ranges in color from white to yellow or orange. (Source: www.medicalnewstoday.com)Peaches are a fuzzy fruit native to northwest China. They are a member of the stone fruit family, which means that their flesh surrounds one large middle seed. (Source: www.medicalnewstoday.com
In this article, we look at the possible health benefits of peaches, their There are two different
The vitamin C in peaches may reduce the risk of certain types of cancer. (Source: www.medicalnewstoday.com)varieties of peach: freestone and clingstone. These names indicate whether the flesh sticks to the inner seed or easily comes apart from it. (Source:www.medicalnewstoday.com))
Peaches do not contain a significant amount of any nutrient. However, a cup of diced peach provides (Source: www.medicalnewstoday.com Despite their relatively low nutrient profile, peaches can still benefit people’s health as part of a balanced diet that includes many fruits and vegetables. Peaches can add sweetness to desserts and treats, replacing more harmful added sugars. (Source:www.medicalnewstoday.com wPeaches provide a significant amount of vitamin C. This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that can help (Source:ww.medicalnewstoday.com)))
A person could significantly boost their fiber intake by replacing sweet, low fiber treats with a peach or two every day. (Source: www.medicalnewstoday.com)