Discover how to delete an Instagram Account
Instagram is the
most popular account among people around the world. It allows users to
communicate with each other across the world. You can share pictures, images, videos, your precious
moments of life in your stories, etc you may even follow your favorite stars, actors, famous personalities, politicians, cricketers,
and other celebrities. By
signing up into the Instagram account through the app or a web browser, anyone
you feel convenient.
Facebook is the parent corporation of Instagram and is no stranger to odd privacy settings. In 2018 there was a security flaw in the Instagram accounts which was reported by some of the users. This security flaw was under the section of 'Download Your Data' which leaked user passwords. Absurdly, this feature was particularly introduced to improve the user security settings and to protect user's data. As the password leaked, Instagram quickly responded to it and announced that only a few users are at risk. They resolved the issue instantly. Numerous ways can become a threat to your Instagram account as a result you might think "How to delete an Instagram account."
How can I delete my Instagram account?
Deleting an account will remove your profile, photos, videos, images, likes, and followers permanently. If you don't want to delete your account permanently, then just disable your account for a short period instead of deleting it permanently. When you delete your account permanently from Instagram, then you will not be able to sign in again with the same user ID and password. Even the same user ID and password cannot be used to create another account.
Before you delete the account, you have to make some preparations to secure your precious data available on Instagram.
Send a request: How to delete an Instagram account, permanently
1. Before deleting your Instagram account, you should log in to your account and download a copy of your loaded data, like photos, videos, and pictures. After deleting the account, you cannot access your Instagram data using the download tool.
2. From the home page of your browser either in mobile or computer go to the option "Delete Your Account" page. If you are not logged into your Instagram account on the browser, then you will be asked to log in first.
3. You will not be able to delete your account within the Instagram app. Click the option from the dropdown menu which is next to "Why are you deleting your account?" then you have to enter the password again in the provided field.
4. You need to select the reason why you want to delete your Instagram account permanently, and the option to delete your account permanently will appear on the screen.
5. Click the link "Permanently delete my account" and you are good to go now.
How to delete an Instagram account on iPhone?
1. Open up the Instagram app on your iPhone/Apple device.
2. On the home page of the app, you will find a "Profile Button" which is at the bottom right corner of the page.
3. On top of this same page, you will see a menu button at the right corner of the Instagram home page.
4. Scroll down and hit the section "Help Center" at the bottom.
5. In this Instagram help center Click on "Managing Your Account."
6. Under this section, you will find the option for "Delete Your Account", and just tap on it to 'permanently delete your Instagram account.'