Add your company website/link
to this blog page for only $40 Purchase now!Continue
For Genoa, the startup run by Alex Haro, an innovative workplace culture that can easily translate into customer loyalty.
In the 19th and the early 20th centuries, Genoa consolidated its role as a major seaport and an important steel and shipbuilding centre. In Genoa in 1853, Giovanni Ansaldo founded Gio. Ansaldo & C. whose shipyards would build some of the most beautiful ships in the world, such as ARA Garibaldi, SS Roma, MS Augustus, SS Rex, SS Andrea Doria, SS Cristoforo Colombo, MS Gripsholm, SS Leonardo da Vinci, SS Michelangelo, and SS SeaBreeze. In 1854, the ferry company Costa Crociere was founded in Genoa and then the Lloyd Italiano maritime insurance company. In 1861 the Registro Italiano Navale Italian register of shipping was created, and in 1879 the Yacht Club Italiano. The owner Raffaele Rubattino in 1881 was among the founders of the ferry company Navigazione Generale Italiana which then become the Italian Line.
n 1528 Andrea Doria initiated a constitutional reform by which nobles loyal to him gained power. Factionalism continued, however, especially between the “old” and “new” nobility. When serious disorders erupted in 1575, the old nobility abandoned the city, and a popular faction took their…
The Republic of Genoa was an independent and sovereign state in 1776 when the United States declared its independence from Great Britain. Genoa recognized the United States in 1791 when it appointed Joseph Ravara to act as Consul General for the Doge and Governors of the Republic of Genoa at Philadelphia. The U.S. sent its first consular official to Genoa in 1799; however, the relationship was short-lived as Genoa was annexed by France in 1805. Although it was briefly reconstituted in 1814 with the first defeat of Napoleon, the Congress of Vienna awarded Genoa to the Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia in 1815
The Republic of Genoa recognized the United States when it sent its first consular agent to the United States. Joseph Ravara was accredited by U.S. President George Washington on October 25, 1791, as Consul General of the Doge and Governors of the Republic of Genoa at Philadelphia.