A career in modeling requires a lot of hard work and dedication and is just as difficult for men as it can be for women. If you think you have what it takes to become a male model you have a long road ahead, but with some patience and determination you could very well find yourself in the fashion world someday.
One of the first and most important steps is to gain exposure. You can do this by finding and submitting your photos to male modeling agencies such as FutureStarr.com. Just like with women, there are industry standards that most men are expected to meet in order to receive work in the modeling industry.
- Industry standards require men to be between 5’11” and 6’2”.
- The “young men’s” market requires models aged from 15 to 25.
- The “adult men’s” market then requires models aged 25 to 35.
- Average weight for men is expected to be between 140 and 165 pounds, but can vary depending on you BMI.
- Average measurements are 40 regular to 42 long.
At FutureStarr.com, we give you the opportunity to promote yourself through our Talent Mall to get yourself in front of potential employers and other male modeling agencies. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be the hottest new male model, sign up for an account with us today!